[OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?

Subject: [OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:14:30 -0400
I was working at a craft cooperative yesterday, a new one for me this
year. The landlord, who also is a member of the coop, and I were
talking early on about the preponderance of fabric goods in the shop,
and how we need to get more non-fabric items in to attract a broader
base of customers. At the time, we were discussing one member's
pillows and felt ponchos. The discussion was a touch on the
derogatory side. "No one buys ponchos anymore," the landlord said.
"Yeah," I replied, "and exactly how many of these cheesy pillows can
you sell, anyway?" I said cheesy because there is nothing exceptional
or particularly crafty about the pillows. They are standard-issue
pillow panels stuffed and sewn and that's about it. Wouldn't have
passed the jury if it had been my shop.

Well, several hours passed and the first customer came in. A young
mother with a little one, about 4, in tow. She bought two items. Yes,
you are correct, a pillow and a poncho.

There's nothing like the taste of fresh words. Just something about
them.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com