[OM] Re: [Waaaay OT] Streaks and Rectangles from N*kon

Subject: [OM] Re: [Waaaay OT] Streaks and Rectangles from N*kon
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:59:41 -0700
Sorry, I tagged onto someone else's message before.

D200 uses a CF card, not SD, which raises a question of your friend's
competence. If he rotates the thumb dial while reviewing the image he
can turn off the overexposed highlight indicator. That is a very
basic setting. He should really RTFM or buy a point and shoot.
Without seeing what he means by streaks I have no input. Never had
them with mine. The advice from Nikon seems good to me to localize
the problem. I would try downloading the images with both a reader
and with the cable and see whether there is some difference that can
tie it to either piece of hardware. Maybe with some well exposed images.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA