[OM] Re: Help getting ICC profile installed to print e-1 images

Subject: [OM] Re: Help getting ICC profile installed to print e-1 images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:08:21 -0700
Garth Wood wrote:
> In an effort to save others from unnecessarily spending their
> hard-earned cash, try FreeZIP in the future rather than WinZIP.  It's
> constantly updated, insanely fast, has a tiny footprint and -- as its
> name implies -- it's free.  I've been using it in its various
> incarnations since the late 90s, and it's always done what I've needed.
>
> FreeZIP is available here:
>
>       http://tinyurl.com/xfrd
>
> Don't confuse it with the almost-identically-named "FreeZIP!" (note the
> exclamation mark at the end).  They're not the same.

And for those of us so backward as to be using Windoze, the Windows
Explorer will extract zip files. You have to actually double click on
the zip file in XP. In Vista, the contents are automatically shown, as
though it were a folder, and there is an extract button up top.

Installing an icc file simply consists of copying it to the correct
subdirectory, as correctly outlined in the Ilford material. As they say
you can copy it manually or, at least on later version of windoze, right
click and let Windoze put it in the right place.

Any color management aware app, such as PS, will automagically find it there
next time it starts.

Moose