[OM] Re: IR film --- Kodak HIE

Subject: [OM] Re: IR film --- Kodak HIE
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:50:49 +1000

> By the way, may I shoot with TMAX B & W film and Gelatin
> filter to get such effect?

No, TMAX will have virtually no sensitivity to IR, those effects are a
function of both the film sensitivity and the appropriate filter.

> Besides, I know there is Hoya R72 filter for digital will get
> such effect. Is it possible Hoya R72 filter with HIE may get
> such effect too?

According to my notes the Hoya R72 is equivalent to the wratten 89B (which
will certainly show those effects with HIE).

By the way, I usually just use a 25A red filter with HIE and it gives
something like this:

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/sarah-ir-07.htm

or

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/w-south-04.htm