[OM] Re: More Maine Clouds

Subject: [OM] Re: More Maine Clouds
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:56:13 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Actually, it's up from Round Pond, closer to Muscongus Cove, but on
> the east side of Loud's Island. I was skiffing dangerously that
> morning. <g>

Ah yes, I see lots of bars and ledges shown out there. I don't think I'd
like to be out in a skiff in anything but rather good weather. Although
I used to revel in bad weather on SF Bay in a Boston Whaler many decades
ago. But it was little one with a big motor, so one could remain in
control in wild water. I had it airborne on occasion. Rescued some small
boats, including a guy with his little boy in a little open boat without
enough motor who was being driven onto the rocks.

I know we drove by Muscongus cove, but don't remember it. I remember
Round Pond warmly.

Moose