[OM] Re: [OT] Configure a new PC - which processor

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Configure a new PC - which processor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:47:41 -0700
Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Moose,
> I remember XP has this 3GB limit - what about Vista?

Same thing.
> (I wouldn't upgrade an old machine to a new OS - I always wait for new hw
> until I upgrade.  Now seems to be the time for the hw so I suppose I should
> go with Vista?)

That's my general plan, buy new machine with new OS installed, avoid
upgrades in place. That way, I have the old box running everything until
I complete the move. There are some issues with older programs and
drivers on Vista vs. XP. Funnily enough, with at least a couple of
drivers, nothing more was required than to set compatibility mode for
the driver installer to XP. The driver itself was fine. I know this was
true for my Laserjet, can't remember which other(s).

I've even got some really old DOS apps running.

Moose