[OM] Re: Olympus Quickmatic EEM?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Quickmatic EEM?
From: David Carter <Spotz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:23:14 +1200
Darin,

I'm trying to recall what little I discovered about Selenium cell
meters. Several years ago. FWIW I'm not a camera repairman, I'm barely
able to strip & clean simple lenses.

I remember reading one article that stated. A design or workmanship
problem was the solder joint, not being as good in some cameras as
others. And leaving them exposed constantly to light, isn't a bright idea.

Sorry I don't know how quickly they die. It seems like the answer could
be as variable as "how long is a piece of string". There are to many
unknown & unforseen issues to work through.

One that did occur to me. Was the quality of the selenium. Not to
mention the quantity, required to work the camera.

David