[OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]

Subject: [OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:03:27 +1000
Statelessness has dire consequences - those who achieve should feel
grateful that their governments usually cannot be bothered to
recognise that achievement.
There is no particular contradiction in having laws in common with
the state while attempting to live outside it, so long as you accept
those laws as reasonable and applicable. I might decline to
contribute to the debacle in Iraq, as the state requires me to, but
agree wholeheartedly that murder is not a good idea at all. Of
course, selective obedience is intolerable to a state.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx