[OM] Re: #232

Subject: [OM] Re: #232
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:31:41 -0400
Ah, passenger trains.  That's even a sadder story in the US.  There are
freight trains running several times/day just a few miles from my house.
  But to catch a passenger train (to anywhere) I would have to travel
about 75 miles to Syracuse, New York.

You can see a route map of the entire US passenger train network here
<http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak%2Fam2Copy%2FTitle_Image_Copy_Page&c=am2Copy&cid=1093554048998>
Click on the text "Launch Route Atlas".  Sadly, the routes are so few
and so sparse that you will not need a magnify function to see all
possible routes in the entire country.

Chuck Norcutt