[OM] Re: Pancreatic cancer, was Re: Walt Wayman Tribute TOPE

Subject: [OM] Re: Pancreatic cancer, was Re: Walt Wayman Tribute TOPE
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:35:12 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> My brother-in-law died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 41.  About two
> months prior to his death he had gone to the doctor complaining of
> stomach ache and the doctor prescribed an antacid.  Fast forward about 6
> weeks to a regular game of racket ball with a buddy of his.  After the
> game he complained of being tired and not feeling well.  He lived alone
> and later that day admitted himself to the hospital emergency room.  The
> hospital quickly diagnosed him with pancreatic cancer.  He was dead 10
> days after the diagnosis.  Pancreatic cancer can move really fast from
> the first signs and symptoms.  He was also the least likely person you'd
> ever suspect to die young.  At healthy and played healthy.  He was
> (otherwise) the perfect picture of health.

My maternal grandmother also died from pancreatic cancer.  She always
had some sort of health issue, but always hung in there.  She was
complaining about a lack of appetite, went into the doctor. He found the
cancer, and less than a month later, she was gone.  I agree, it seems to
be a particularly aggressive cancer.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon