[OM] Re: Walt Wayman Tribute TOPE

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Wayman Tribute TOPE
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:53:18 -0500
Olaf,
        That's fabulous. 31 is in the "can" so now I can start thinking
of something suitable for Walt. I'm headed to the mountains of NC Friday
and I know they were a favorite of Walt's, so that may be the ticket.
        Regarding what lead to their demise I can only speculate. If
memory serves me correctly Walt's wife passed away in her sleep in the
car while returning from their last trip to the Smokey Mountains. Walt
described no pain or distress so she likely died of Sudden Cardiac Death
which is basically a fatal arhythmia of the heart. Walt...I don't know.
In his last posting he complained of feeling "under the weather",
vertigo and lack of appetite. Even if he had advanced cancer his rapid
demise leads me to believe he may have developed a systemic infection
perhaps on top of an underlying condition (such as cancer). Walt was a
heavy smoker for many years and although he quit in 1995, the badness
never really goes away despite what the American Cancer Society will
tell you.

Charlie