[OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:29:23 +1000
It was traditional to lubricate saws with soap, but that was in the
days of simple yellow stuff. Best these days for lubing windows,
hinges,  screws and saws is what I know as Dri-Lube, a stick of
solid, waxy lubricant about 20mm thick and 150mm long. You tear away
the silver paper wrapping as you use it. It's available from auto
accessory shops here as they use it to lubricate car door catches and
hinges. Excellent stuff - no toolbox should be without it.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx