[OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:49:01 -0400
I first used soap as a screw lubricant on a set of bookcases, desk and
matching cabinets made of red oak.  The backs of the bookcases and other
parts of the cabinets were put together with hide glue and dozens and
dozens of small brass screws... all lubed with bar soap.  It was built
35 years ago and looks as nice today as it did then.  The soap hasn't
harmed a thing.

Chuck Norcutt