[OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:54:56 -0400
Thanks, I like that solution.  I was concerned about trying to drill
into the end grain of a piece of hardwood with one half of the drill
while the other half is resting in the softer wood of the frame.  I
still have to drill a hole where there's part of another hole already
existing (unless the sliver fills the hole rather neatly).

The toothpick solution sounds pretty good even for #12 screw holes.  Two
or three pounded in with a small persuader along with some glue for
lubrication sounds like it will work well.

The remaining problem is there are about 20 doors to do each requiring
8-12 holes apiece counting door and frame.  That's a lot of holes to
fill and drill.

Chuck Norcutt