[OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:38:27 -0400
Chuck,
   Not that difficult.  Just take a sliver ( about the same size as the
existing hole or ~ 1/8" ) of the same type of wood and drive it into the
old hole (irregular form and with or without glue ).  The newly placed
screw will make the sliver expand and grip just like it was fresh wood.
For smaller holes a wooden round toothpick works great.  Don't be afraid
to fill the old hole, the surrounding wood is almost always quite soft
and will take the expansion and give a good grip.
Rand E.