[OM] Re: GE Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: GE Cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:32:10 -0700
Steve Dropkin wrote:
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
>

>> Er...General Electric?
>>

> Yup. Point & shoots, all of them. Contracted out to a company called
> "General Imaging" (I guess "Acme" was already taken).

I wonder who's actually making them, but too lazy to try and match up
specs. I can't imagine anyone is so foolish as to invest in new ground
up design, let alone build a new factory. Trying to break into such an
overcrowded market seems risky enough.
> I wrote a message to the List back in March about 'em ... and their
> Olympus connection:
> http://lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/2007-03/msg03519.html

Yeah, I remembered someone did, but not who. Good call.

Moose