[OM] Re: Medium Format

Subject: [OM] Re: Medium Format
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:15:12 -0400
Ooh!  That's a hard one for me to answer.  I think most cameras can have
their settings controlled using only the right hand but I think setting
up and mounting on a tripod, changing lenses and changing film would be
the most difficult operations which would be facilitated by two hands.
Presumably you are already accomplishing these with OM's.  Perhaps
threading 120/220 film would be more difficult than 35mm.  Perhaps a
camera with removable back would allow pre-loading the film so you don't
have to deal with that in the field except to change backs like a
cartridge?  I'm sure my unfamiliarity with most MF gear is showing
through by now.

Now that's said I have to say that many MF shooters are abandoning their
gear for the 13 and 16 MP Canyon full frame digitals.  I'm sure the
image quality must at least equal a 645.  6x7 or 6x9 might be another story.

Chuck Norcutt