[OM] Re: uniross battery

Subject: [OM] Re: uniross battery
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:07:42 -0700 (PDT)
I have been using Uniross (Hybrio). I think it is distributed in the US by same
company that
distributes Ultralast, US battery co).

Looking at the datasheets originally it seemed the best of the "hybrid" cells
is the Enerloop but
the "Hybrio's" are cheaper and I seem to remember the data was less detailed
for Hybrio. I bought
some samples of Hybrio and Enerloop and meant to test them , but have just been
using them
normally and have not got round to testing on an impedance plotter and dc load.
Anecdotally they
do seem to work as described in having a lower self discharge. Some hybrids
have higher internal
resistance so may not work as well in high discharge rate apps.

If/when I get round to testing will post results.

Tim Hughes