[OM] Re: Expose Right? was Advice please- stage photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Expose Right? was Advice please- stage photography
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:49:22 +0200
> version).  But I spotted the "expose right" bit and I think I need
> help with that.

> You see I have read advice that you should underexpose to avoid
> highlights as the underexposed areas can be raised in exposure in
> post-processing.  But "expose right" seems to me to be the opposite ...

When shooting digital it's wise to "expose right" which basically
means that you should apply as much exposure compensation as possible
without overexposing the image. More information and reasoning behind
all this you can find here:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml

The same holds true when one shoots negatives. With diapositives it's
the other way around - it's better to underexpose slightly.

--
Lukasz Grabun
http://www.grabun.com/