[OM] Re: Lens questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens questions
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:19:35 +1000
Using the Leica on a Digilux right now. Focusses quickly on that
body, even in low light.
But it is a very big lens for an f3.5-4 - 72mm filter!
Stabilisation works well - the usual two stops and even better if
you're careful.
I found the 14-42 better than the 14-45 or the 17.5-45 optically.
The idea of a 14mm without some barrel distortion is probably
unrealistic but I'll go look for it.
          wait....wait....wait...wait.
Yes, there is distortion, quite significant in the corners.
Sorry, you'll just have to wait for the Zeiss, image-stabilised, 12mm
shift lens. :)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx