[OM] OT - sort of. Movie film-to-dvd services?

Subject: [OM] OT - sort of. Movie film-to-dvd services?
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:59:31 -0500
We've got quite a bit of 8mm and Super8 film stored in boxes that we'd
like to have converted to digital.

The problem is, most of the places I've found so far are aimed at the
average consumer, and convert them directly to .vob format on a playable
dvd.

I don't want that.  I have the shiny MacBookPro all waiting to do some
editing magic - I just want someone who will convert my film to either
avi or mpeg files on a data disc so I can pull them in without having to
resort to ripping from a dvd.

I'm also over here in the USA.

Any suggestions?
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon