[OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:33:45 -0500
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> Oh, I wouldn't mind a closer look at that mural on the El station.
>>

> ...and I wouldn't mind a closer look (especially the interior) of that FLW
> house.

I'll be happy to put up a gallery of exterior shots.  The FLLW
Preservation Trust (my bosses) prohibit interior photography for
copyright reasons - not even I can shoot inside.  Plus, we're in the
middle of a $5 million interior restoration, so there's a lot of work
yet to be done before it's pretty.  Your best bet is to pick up a book
on the Prairie Homes or Robie House in particular.

It's a fascinating house - timeless design.  It was built between 1908
and 1910, yet it looks like it could have been built in 1978.  Very open
floor plan inside, and very pioneering. Has the first attached garage -
a 3-car attached garage - with a mechanic's pit under the floor of one
of the bays; had a pushbutton telephone intercom system; also had a
central vacuum system in 1910.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon