[OM] Re: First newbie question

Subject: [OM] Re: First newbie question
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:53:00 +1000
I get worse mileage than anyone - around 7km per litre (do your own
conversions.
But it's an old 4WD and that litre is butane/propane at around one
third of the price of petrol (here, gas MEANS gas) and the government
paid for the conversion (thanks Johnny) and the manual tranny makes
up for some of the power loss (lower yield).
Oh and the excuses for expensive diesel fuel seem thin to me. It was
designed to be a cheap fuel, it's a much lower 'crack', it's a lot
safer and as for low sulphur? Australian oil is very low sulphur but
diesel is still higher priced than petrol here.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx