[OM] Re: First newbie question

Subject: [OM] Re: First newbie question
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 06:15:23 -0400
OK, I had to jump in on the OT thread.  Your view of automatic transmissions
is outdated. They are less efficient still, but the difference is so small
that it is often made up by the inefficiency of the driver of a manual
transmission.

Our most efficient car gets a consistent 46mpg around the city and it is an
automatic.

Tom