[OM] Re: T2 and M42 to 4/3

Subject: [OM] Re: T2 and M42 to 4/3
From: "David Bell" <david.w.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:46:44 +0100
Carlos

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-mount

David

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Carlos Oliveira
Sent: 29 June 2007 18:25
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] T2 and M42 to 4/3

Dear Olympus Fans,

I have been following the list as of February, when I bought my E-400
DZ kit for 800¤. This is my first post, and I start off by asking for
your help!

Since then, and following a lot of the valuable information shared
on this list, I have been "cherry picking" close to 200¤ of vintage
glass (Sun 28/2,8; Zuiko 50/1,4; Zuiko 50/1,8; Cosina 100/3,5 macro).
I have posted some photos on Flickr:

www.flickr.com/photos/manta/

Yesterday got a M42 lens, a Pentacon 200/4,0 and was looking for an
adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290132432491

«This is a special mount which can used for ALL Types of Screw Mount
 Lenses. All T mount, T2 Mount or M42 mount Lenses will fit perfectly
on this Adapter.»

Do you believe this? If the pitch is different how can it work? And
what about focusing?

I have a hard time understanding how an adapter be at the same time
compatible with T2 and M42 mounts, though they have the same diameter,
they have different pitchs.

I appreciate your help on this.

Cheers,

Carlos

 The probability of forgetting | Carlos Manta Oliveira
 something is directly | carlos.oliveira@xxxxxxx
 proportional to... to... uh... | +351 917139827
 http://manta.inet.pt

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket:
mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC