[OM] New A3 printer comparison review.

Subject: [OM] New A3 printer comparison review.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:44:55 -0700
Continuing to put in time and effort where others leave us guessing,
Vincent Oliver, photo-i, has done a head to head comparison review of
three high end, pigment ink printers:

HP Photosmart Pro B9180
Canon PIXMA Pro 9500
Epson Stylus Photo R2400

Quickie summary for those not actually in the market just now:

- It's a dead heat. All are terrific.
- There are differences in default states, but without all three there
to directly compare prints, you'll never know, or care.
- No one on Earth has the time to fully compare them with custom icc
profiles, multiple papers, etc. My guess is that if they did, the
results would be essentially identical.

He also, for the first time I'm aware of, lists his top 10 (well, 9
really, for now) printers in order. My R1800 is only #6, but still the
runaway value leader and best A3 glossy printer. The surprise is the
little Epson PictureMate. The second surprise if you buy one is that it
only comes with enough ink and paper for 20 prints, You have to pop for
$38 for a refill for 150 prints. King Gillette lives! Sill, I guess
$0.25 per print isn't too bad.

Moose