[OM] Re: [OT] Canyon 5D at ISO 3200

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Canyon 5D at ISO 3200
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:25:54 -0400
Nice results with graceful subjects.

The auto white balance might have performed well in however much it
affects RAW output on the 5D because the lights used might not be as low
in color temperature as you may think. There must be some spec about the
range the AWB covers.

I know, for example, my K10D lower AWB limit was designed with a lower
limit of 4000K as to not screw up sunsets. The 5D may be similar, where
the stage lighting bare bulbs might be 3400-3600K hence the slightly
warm rendering that works well.

It is a source of complaint by the inexperienced (and sometimes
unintelligent) who blame cameras for the AWB not doing "well" indoors
where the bulbs might be 2800K or so - completely disregarding the
manual's explanation that this is not the setting to use in that
situation because of the 4000K(or whatever) limit.