[OM] Re: Questions about Dynamic Range

Subject: [OM] Re: Questions about Dynamic Range
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:44:09 -0600
Winsor:

Thanks for the reply.  It was clear.  However, it still didn't answer
the gist of the question, i.e., what's the evidence that the new Panny
sensor in the 410/510 etc. has a smaller DR than the old Kodak in the E-1?

Does anyone know?

Garth

P.S.:  I just pulled the trigger on the E-410 in any event.  I've come
to the conclusion that, over the medium term, I'll have to become a
two-system guy -- probably a full-frame (the successor to the Canon 5D,
used with my stable of Oly OM Zuikos) and possibly the E-3 if it's up to
snuff.  For now, the 410's a "bridge" camera, and the fact that it's
small, light, and takes all my legacy glass isn't a bad thing.  I'm
waiting for the battery to finish charging, after which I'll start
taking some test shots with legacy glass as well as the one Digital
Zuiko (14-54mm) I own...  And if my wife likes it, I can always give the
410 to her.   ;-)