[OM] Re: lovely thoughts

Subject: [OM] Re: lovely thoughts
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:23:36 -0700
> From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Outrage, like violence, only leads to further outrage. Why should we
> be in a state or perpetual funk? Whom do we help by running around
> muttering under our collective breath, or getting all red-faced
> shouting at the Idiots d'jour? We must seek equanimity in all things,
> and savor each and every moment of life we are given. This doesn't
> mean we turn our backs on injustice. Just the contrary. We do what we
> can to alleviate it. But we do it with a kind heart, even toward the
> perpetrators of the injustice. After all, they must be in some kind
> of miserable place to be so out of sorts.

That's lovely, Bob! Thanks.

I used to be upset all the time. Then I began to focus on things
within my power to change, rather than fretting about things I felt
helpless against. Then, over time, I found the things I could change
grew larger.

I summarize this philosophy as "Run to the light, not away from the
dark!"

Druidry teaches that "like seeks like." If you are angry and negative
all the time, you'll tend to surround yourself with angry, negative
people. It doesn't matter that you feel morally justified in your anger.

:::: Bush thanked the Canadians for their "Five-finger welcome." What
he forgot to mention was that was the total from five separate
Canadians. -- Randi Rhodes ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::