[OM] Re: Vuescan color profile problem {WAS:Don't cry, just do it! [was

Subject: [OM] Re: Vuescan color profile problem {WAS:Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]}
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:51:57 +0800
Moose,
Thank you very much again. I have bought a Vuescan Professional
licence & have tried to apply some setting as you mentioned.

This one was scanned by Nikon Scan
http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/albums/Private/IMG2262.jpg

This one was scanned by Vuescan with built-in ICC profile
http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/albums/Private/IMG2269.jpg

This one was scanned by Vuescan with your shadow ICC profile
http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/albums/Private/IMG2270.jpg

This one was scanned by Vuescan with your sun ICC profile
http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/albums/Private/IMG2271.jpg

It's strange that the color is serious shift with sun ICC profile. Dunno why?

At the above 3 samples (normally), I'd like the one was scanned by
Vuescan with built-in ICC profile since it's very comfortable. The
color saturation of Nikon one is the highest but the performance of
red color is not good.

Btw, in a HK photography forum, someone said that to scan a blank
frame & save its film base color in Vuescan as an ICC profile for
negative film. The color will be more accurate for those negative
film. Anyone has this experience?

Thanks.

--
Michael