[OM] Re: A number of shots from Roztocze/Poland

Subject: [OM] Re: A number of shots from Roztocze/Poland
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 08:19:48 -0400
On May 18, 2007, at 7:58 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> Cyanide is 'natural' but I don't think I'll sprinkle it on my corn
> flakes, OK.

Very wise of you. Large rapids in the Colorado River are natural,
too, but I shan't go swimming in them.

> Nature is the obverse of artifice.

This is an unnatural, or artificial construction. Nature encompasses
everything, including artifice. I contend that artifice is a metaphor
to aid the buttressing of hubris.

> A paddock full of bullocks on introduced pasture grass is artifice.

Well, I'd have to say by your definition, the grass as well is likely
to be artifice, as I reckon it bears little resemblance to the grass
that once grew "naturally".

> Now stop being silly and take your meds.

Hehe. I try never to miss my meds. Let the congregation drop to its
knees and give thanks for pharmacology, which helps us more fully
appreciate the wonders of nature's bounty. <snicker>

Like I said, I can't help myself. The meds can only do so much.

--Bob