[OM] Re: OT Seen on the road - Bone Yard

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Seen on the road - Bone Yard
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 00:20:03 -0700
Thanks so much to all those who were kind enough to say nice things
about these images. Now I know how to get list attention - photograph
motor vehicles. ;-)

Richard Lovison wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>
>> Driving down SR 41 from Atascadero to Morro Bay, I had to double back
>> when I saw these old cars.
>>
>> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Calif/BoneYard/album/
>>
> Great find and wonderful shots.  I like them all.  It looks like they
> put on a show at night as well with the Christmas tree lights.  How do
> you like JAlbum?

I find it a little quirky getting galleries with multiple sub galleries
with the names and organization I want. It can be done, just took me a
little experimentation to get it right. Also, I have to remember a lot
of settings on different settings pages to get what I want in a new
gallery. It would be nice if new galleries defaulted to the last
settings I used. Maybe there's a way I havn't found yet.

On the other hand, it does a nice job of producing attractive galleries
with lots of control of the results. And it does the two main things I
wanted from it, multi layer galleries and slide shows ,very well. So
overall, I am quite pleased. And the price is right. :-)

Marc Lawrence wrote:
> Wow, I love 'em. I could spend a few hours with them at least, I
> reckon, with all that colourful rust and old chrome and age and
> potential black and white and...
You can't see it in the crops, as it would make for a big, distracting
foreground, but they are on the other side of a gully heavily overgrown
with brush. One would have to take side roads and find the entrance to
what I suspect is private property. One would probably have to make an
arrangement with the owner for any closer looks.

I was on my way elsewhere, so didn't investigate further.

Johnny Johnson wrote:
> And I had to double back when I realized I had just passed this art object:
>
> <http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/CaddyRanch.jpg>
>
> Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, TX
>
> I think that your subjects are a lot more photogenic!  :-)
But are they ART?

Moose