[OM] Re: Websiting - was Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Websiting - was Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 02:45:33 -0600
Lol....well after having to learn Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkXpress,
Illustrator, Vuescan, and Nikon Capture (I have historically made more money
as a graphic designer than as a photographer) it wasn't much more work to
add Dreamweaver to the mix! But I see your point. Dreamweaver isn't very
intuitive and I actually think that Frontpage is harder to use! I've never
tried Pagemill tho. Web design is a lot different, from a technical
standpoint, than print design (and Photoshop is basically a print design
program that can also do cool stuff to photos), so if you've learned
Photoshop or other print design programs (eg. Illustrator, Quark, etc) then
there's a learning curve that's a lot higher than going from, say, Photoshop
to InDesign.

Web design's become a good business for me though, this month I set up two
websites and I continue to do the day-to-day work of adding to a large
online store who's website I designed last year. I've made more money this
year as a web designer than I did from photography and print design
combined...not bad for something I learned as a side project to avoid paying
someone to setup a photo website for me (back then, 5 yrs ago, I don't think
Pbase or Flickr existed, did they?)

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design