[OM] Re: [OT] cholesterol meds

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] cholesterol meds
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:17:55 -0300
Personally, I do not agree on medications made on association of two or
more substances.
Simvasatain, atorvastatin and rosurvastatin are sold here, but none of
them associated at a fixed ratio to ezetimibe, which is also on sale here.
Seems this association is sponsored by Merck.
No doubt ezetimibe has proven to be a good substance, and reduces the
needed amount of statins.
But what if you develop side effects to simvastatin but not to
rosuvastatin, or if the needed amount of statin is different from the
established by Merck, given a fixed amount of ezetimibe ?

IMHO

Fernando