[OM] Re: OM-4 random light leak problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 random light leak problem
From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 13:25:28 -0700 (PDT)
I had what I think is exactly the same problem with the used OM-4 T I bought a
few years ago - it drove me crazy trying to find out what it was.

  It was definitely the area around the relaese pin that uncouples the back
from the camera body. I put some small foam pieces (obtained from John
Hermanson as part of the re-foaming kit he has) all around that pin on the
inside of the camera all around that pin's cut-out (on the inside of the back
cover) and overlapped (doubled up on) the foam strip on the body side with a
new strip.... and the light leak hasn't been seen since.

  John Morton.

Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:40:21 +1000
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Lukasz Grabun wrote:
> All right, here's another issue I have with my OM-4 - from
> time to time, in a random matter, the camera spoils few frames
> on a film roll....
>
> http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/104/llbp4.jpg (123kb JPG file)

I had a similar problem with my OM1. I suspected it was the
absence of a cap for the motor drive socket on the bottom(1)
and, when I mentioned it here, was gifted(2) a replacement by
my Mexican Santa Claus. I haven't really used the OM1 enough
since to be certain, but I haven't had the problem in the
few films shot since then.

So, does your camera have the cap?

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz
(1) John Hermanson, feel free to jump in and say "Not possible,
ya dropkick" ;-)
(2) Word used to piss off the usual suspects <g>