[OM] OM-4 random light leak problem

Subject: [OM] OM-4 random light leak problem
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 19:40:28 +0200
All right, here's another issue I have with my OM-4 - from time to time,
in a random matter, the camera spoils few frames on a film roll. I can't
really notice any pattern it follows - I've observed from zero to four
ruined frames in different light conditions. I even played with the camera
with a film inside on a harsh sun and to my surprise there was no effect.
Then again, on a roll made in a dim woods light leaks occur. The leak
itself looks like this:

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/104/llbp4.jpg (123kb JPG file)

It always starts from the bottom of the frame towards the center, rarely
reaching top of it.

If it's seals issue, the question is where can I get them (even from a
third party) and tools to replace the seals? Can it be anything else but
the light seals? Odd thing is they (I mean light seals) are on their place
and are - for my unexperienced eye - in good condition.

--
Łukasz Grabuń
http://grabun.com/