[OM] Scans

Subject: [OM] Scans
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:04:15 -0700
Calypso Imaging moved from Santa Clara to Santa Cruz (California) making it
more difficult for me get my film processed. They used to use a Tango drum
scanner to create very good and quite expensive scans. They have apparently
started using an Imacon to create 16bit 120M scans. They currently have an
intro offer of 10 free scans. They will eventually have a minimum order of
100 scans. I intend to test them but I doubt I will be able to do it quick
enough to get feedback posted before the offer expires.

http://www.calypsoinc.com/

MAY SPECIAL

For the month of May and as an introduction to our new bulk scanning service
we are offering 10 free Imacon scans.
Send us 10 mounted positive slides before the end of the month and we will
return to you at no charge your slides and ten 120Mb (approximately,) 16 bit
scans burned to CD.
We want to demonstrate just how superior these scans are when compared to
consumer quality scanners. In large quantities our scans are as low as .70
each.

-jeff