[OM] Re: OM-4 battery problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 battery problem
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 08:54:39 +0200
On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:41:39 +0200, Tom Scales <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> LR44 = Bad :)
> You want 357 or SR44.

Well, here are more details. The former batteries - which I removed for
they were half-empty (silly me, never ever try to improve on something
that works perfectly) - are labeled GPA76. As I said, they are only
half-empty but when I tried to put them inside again it yielded the same
effect: camera's beeped turned on and wouldn't stop. Interesting thing is
the beeper beeps even though the camera is set to "MANUAL" (or "AUTO"). It
wouldn't go off no matter what. Even more interesting: sometimes  screwing
the cover tighter turned off the beeper, it had to be "loosened" a bit to
make the camera beep. Also, it beeps when I *touch* the battery that I
placed in the slot with the other battery, holding it vertically.

OM-2n seems to like LR44 and operates smoothly :-)

Anyway, I'll try to get SR44s but somehow would put some more light into
the case, I'd be most grateful.

--
Łukasz Grabuń
http://grabun.com/