[OM] Re: OK, need some lens advice here....

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, need some lens advice here....
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 11:58:46 -0500
Jeff Keller wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> I've tried both the digital olympus teleconverter and the OM manual
> focus teleconver (1.4x) on my Tamron 400/4 with my E-1. I couldn't see
> any difference. The digital version doesn't protrude into the rear of
> the lens like the OM version does but the OM version can be mounted to
> a C*non camera body using an adapter.
>
> The digital TC works fairly well with the digital 50-200 zuiko but I
> haven't seen any other telephoto E-System lenses that I'm likely to
> buy. I guess at this point in time the OM 1.4x teleconverter seems to
> be more useful for me.

Sounds like a winner. I'm going to hunt for one of those, and also that
n**on-to-4/3 adapter so I can try some other options.

And put the pennies away for one of those big Tamrons.

Thanks.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon