[OM] Re: OK, need some lens advice here....

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, need some lens advice here....
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 21:44:44 -0500
Jeff Keller wrote:
> You didn't give a price range or any indication if you already have an
> Olympus teleconverter.... If you are zone focusing or can manual
> focus, then a nice Tamron 300/2.8 might be a good option. My
> experience with the Tamron 400/4 is that the quality with the Olympus
> 1.4x TC is superb. I'm pretty sure the combination has greater
> resolution than the E1. You should be able to pick up a Tamron 300/2.8
> for about $600 ... or less if you have time to hunt and wait for the
> better deals.

I'll take a look.  When you say Olympus teleconverter, do you mean an
older MF one, or is there now one for the DZ lenses? I've been meaning
to pick one up - never had one before.

I'll keep an eye out for the 300/2.8 - my MacBookPro should be paid off
in a month or so, at which point the wife would be a bit more amenable
towards another toy purchase.  Although this one does have the potential
to actually earn money....

> The chinese made OM to EOS camera adapters work reasonably well. I
> like the "japanese made" one a little more. It seems to be more
> durable. Be careful picking a Nikon adapter. Many of the Nikon to EOS
> camera adapters are the wrong thickness. Fotodiox is the brand that
> was found to have good results. Good luck.
> -jeff

I'll check for one of those.  I don't have any N* glass, but a good
friend of mine does, and he'd lend me a lens if I needed it.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon