[OM] Re: Spotting scopes

Subject: [OM] Re: Spotting scopes
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 16:48:40 +0200
Khen,

I have used my Kowa TSN 60mm spotting scope with an OM (and now with a N*kon
DSLR)

I bought a dedicated Kowa adaptor (quite expensive, has a least 2 bits of
glass in it) that has a bayonet to connect in place of the eyepiece and a
T-series / OM adaptor at the other end to connect to the body.

It's engraved " 1:10.4 / 800mm " and you have to set the shutter speed / ISO
to control the exposure.

It doesn't give as much magnification as with the 40x eyepiece I usually
use, but it's a fair reach (without it, the best I can manage is a f/2.8
200mm plus a x2 converter) so for the occasional bit of fun it's ok, but
it's not a serious solution to anything.
br
Jez