[OM] Re: [photo] pano

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] pano
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:34:26 +0200
HI Fernando,

Manual exposure (and a bit less important, manual WB) is the best way to
shoot panos. Otherwise you have to even out exposure over all shots
before stitching them together. So manual exposure will save you time in
PP. Here is the effect when you stitch photos together without evening
out exposures:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=212732040
<http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=212732040&size=l> &size=l

Looks a lot less than the ones where I did manual exposure. Not too bad
though for a pano taken from a sailing vessel.

Here are the ones with manual exposure:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=212732014
<http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=212732014&size=o> &size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=212731995
<http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=212731995&size=o> &size=o

Cheers,

Wiliam

Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

-----

>Very nice indeed.

>Now there's something I can't understand: I was advised to set the
camera to manual mode so all exposures are at the same setting.

>Not too critical in Richard or Wiliam panoramas, but what if the sun or
a full moon is included in the panorama?

>If I happen to become an addict, I'd better know about the risks (well,
real addicts care nothing about risk):-)

-----