[OM] Re: [OT]Can*n Keeps Moving

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Can*n Keeps Moving
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:40:32 -0400
You are correct, all those buttons do work that way.  But maybe where I
went astray was in reading the directions for flash exposure
compensation; another of those buttons.  The manual says: "... you can
set flash exposure compensation by holding down the <metering mode/FEC>
button and turning the <rear> dial."

That "holding down" part implies simultaneity that isn't required.  Of
course, I don't have any Canyon automagic flashes so I wouldn't have
been following those instructions but I probably did read them.

I'm a little smarter now.  I can't think of anything else at the moment
but if I encounter something else that bugs me about the camera's
operations I'll be sure to triple read the manual's instructions for
those operations.  Actually, I did think of something else.  When the
camera is on a tripod with the eyepiece at eye level I can't see the top
control buttons to know which is which nor read the LCD panel on the top
of the camera.  But my OM's weren't any better in that respect.  In the
same situation I couldn't easily read the aperture and shutter speeds
which were at the top of the lens or lens mount.  I think I need to
carry a pocket mirror or a step stool.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt