[OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:32:30 -0500
> I've seen a few descriptions of "fine art" photographic prints,
> silver-gelatin I understand, but what exactly is a "Type C" print ?

This is a term that was in use long before i got my start in commercial work
about 1970. It means chromogenic, which is the process that is almost
universally used to make prints from negatives. I believe it first became
generally used in graphic arts as a way to define getting a print from a
negative instead of simply delivering a chrome. Everything from the best pro
lab to the worst minilab use the same process. Some are just better than
others.

I don't know if it can be applied to Cibas (or Ilfochromes) and be
technically correct, but I always heard Cibas refered to as such and C
prints to mean from a negative.

Bill Pearce