[OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:06:31 +0100
You may be closer to the truth than you realise, Andrew.

I quote from the 2006 Royal Academy Summer Exhibition catalogue:

564  Life is...  GBP195
giclée print
Shelley Rose
(edition of 25: GBP95 each)

Now you may wonder what is the difference between a "giclée print" at
GBP195, and one of an edition of 25 non-giclée but presumably mere inkjet
prints at GBP95 each.  The only answer I can think of is ... GBP100

The primt itself is to be seen here:
http://www.shelleyrose.com/still_lifes/001.htm and I see that the artist is
offering a giclée print for GBP110.  No doubt different from the one I saw.

My (artist) companion did not know what the term "giclée" actually meant -
that was the truly "artful" part of the work.

--
Piers