[OM] Re: Q for Dr. Flash et al

Subject: [OM] Re: Q for Dr. Flash et al
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:39:03 -0700 (PDT)
Actually if you check schematics, the high voltage on the 2s, the 4T etc goes
through a small SCR
not an IC, so safe up to ~400V.  There is a very old thread on this where Joe
Gwinn and I debated
this (He also thought it went through an ic.)  The schematic of the 4 is
extremely badly done, as
they use weird symbol for ground and it takes some deciphering to figure out
how the trigger
circuit is connected.
I routinely have used my 2S on a Sunpak 611, with  ~250V on the trigger.
Somebody did report
getting their 4 wet, and zapping the processor, but all bets are off with water
providing
alternate paths to adjacent pins.

Basically all the common OM's are good for high voltage flash triggers.

Tim Hughes