[OM] Re: PayPal Question

Subject: [OM] Re: PayPal Question
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:53:32 +1000
Been with them for nearly 5 years - never had a scrap of trouble and
it is far more convenient for international transactions than Bidpay.
However a friend had a nasty experience - a delivery of a rather
expensive lens was delayed and not by much. Some people expect a
delivery from Oz to arrive as quickly as a domestic delivery. The
recipient complained and Paypal reversed the payment and refunded
without permission or discussion. The lens then arrived and the
customer simply refused to repay. Paypal was seriously uninterested
in fixing the problem they caused and never did.
Consequently I never keep any more in there than I need to, which is
awkward because one of the things that we overcharged foreign
customers can't do is upload extra funds to our accounts by credit
card. As I've said, they charge us an extra 1% for half the service,
just for the privilege of dealing with murkins. S**t I'm so grateful.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx