[OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:46:43 -0700
> From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I used a different Manfrottor quick release than Jan pointed out, but
> I found the Acratech head with Arca Swiss style quick release plates
> to be much more stable for long lenses. I can somewhat understand
> Jan's comments.

Well, it's part "sour grapes." I'm afraid if I start looking at that
Arca Swiss stuff, I'll get addicted to Yet Another Expensive Toy.

But as an amateur machinist, I've had a lot of fun making custom
Manfrotto setups. I must admit that I wouldn't feel as good about it
if I had to have that big clunky plate on everything.

        http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?
forum=1022&message=2491361&q=bytesmiths&qf=m

Well, that was supposed to have photos, but they got lost somehow:
        http://www.Bytesmiths.com/eBay/PIC00021.JPG
        http://www.Bytesmiths.com/eBay/PIC00018.JPG
        http://www.Bytesmiths.com/eBay/PIC00010.JPG
        http://www.Bytesmiths.com/eBay/PIC00008.JPG

:::: Getting a personal computer is sorta like getting married so
you'll have someone to help you with all the problems you never would
have had if you had never gotten married in the first place.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/794637>