[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:36:42 -0700
> From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> One of the two of you is a farmer. One fo the two of you is not.

Y'mean Barry's not a farmer? I didn't know that! :-)

> When it
> comes to talking about what farmers do and what they spend, I'll
> believe the
> farmer, every time.

Then you better get more skillful at telling farmers from farmers,
Jay. Because from the tractor I'm sitting on, it just looks like
you're saying whomever you agree with is the "farmer," not the other
way around!

I don't want to get into any sort of pissing contest about which of
Barry or AG or I is "more" a farmer than the other, but I was selling
sweet corn at a profit when I was ten years old, and currently have
hay, lavender, a small woodlot, and a market garden to care for --
all organic. I'm also a Certified Permaculture Instructor.

Say I'm not a "farmer" just because I don't do whatever Dow or
Monsanto or ADM tells me to do, and you got a fight on your hands, sir!

:::: This phase we're in of exponential growth is about over. We now
have an exponential growth culture that at the present time doesn't
even know how to cope with a state of non-growth. -- M. King Hubbert,
1976 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::