[OM] Re: Oh s#@t

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh s#@t
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:13:37 -0400
I'm sorry, I wasn't implying that you would shoot oil into your camera.
  Hopefully, your 4 can be fixed.  I'll take light impact to oil damage
any day.

The oily 4T I mentioned was being reassembled because it is "beyond
repair".  It started off with a rubber bumper breaking and falling off
it's post. Now after the oil squirting (which has seaped everywhere),
the curtain brakes are so wet that when you fire the shutter, the
curtains go all the way across and bounce back into the frame.  All the
flat black parts in the mirror box look wet.  Sad!

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon dot net